Saturday, April 12, 2008

Loony Tunes


"Limeade In A Blue Glass" 20 x 20 Oil.

I'm working on a commission of a doggie and waiting for paint to dry so... here I am.

Two years ago I was sitting in a dark upstairs studio overlooking a busy mortuary in an overcrowded suburb of Chicago. Today I'm looking out from my balcony studio at dozens of Loons bobbing in the mouth of a little bay in the country. A goose just flew over and there are birds singing like mad.

A spring evening with the windows open used to bring sounds of sirens, constant traffic or disturbing wailing from across the street. Open windows here bring in the sounds of Loons calling each other and geese flying in the dark. Something I didn't realize they did.

I'm a country girl for sure. Living in the Chicago area was interesting and exciting but I belong with the birds and fish for sure. :) .
I've always talked to myself being I'm here and ready to listen and one day I did it out loud walking down the street after a bad day at school and a worse bus ride. My mother was mortified at seeing my lips moving in public where there was obviously no one walking with me to listen to my ranting. Now many years later I'm publicly blogging. (isn't that like talking to yourself, with the possibility someone will hear you?) Life is funny!

2 comments:

Rosy Inspiration said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. You paint beautifully. Love the colours and the vibrancy. Nature is surely a very good topic. I enjoyed coming here and discovering your blog. I can understand the talking to yourself bit too. Sometimes I talk to myself in my mind.

Mary said...

Thank you!