Tuesday, April 15, 2008

4:30 am


Yesterday morning I checked out a friends latest blog and had to giggle when I saw her beautiful "sunrise through the trees" photo. It was stunning and not funny in the least, but compared to my photo of a few hours earlier.... I woke up at 4:30 am to the most beautiful sight of a large amber moon across the lake. I ran for my camera and took several shots hoping one would come out. It was so dark that the shutter stayed open for what seemed an eternity. I didn't want to grope around in the dark for the tripod so I tried my best to hold still. The above photo was the best I managed to do.

To the left is one lone American flag flying high on a pole on the shoreline, the center light is the moon and the line of light on the right is the reflection on the lake from the moonlight.

You'll just have to take my word for it. It was very beautiful!!

No comments: