Sunday, April 14, 2013

Grace Angel Statue Oil Painting

 

"Grace"

18" x 18" Oil on Stretched Canvas

Two Chickadees are landing on the lovely angel statue. Soft puffy clouds float by in the background. Notice the little finger of the statue is broken off. She has been welcoming birds for over a century. This is a statue I came across one summer in Maine. I thought she was beautiful and that one day I would paint her. When I started I didn't have a plan particularly. This one seemed to carry me along rather than the other way around. Some paintings are like that, they seem to paint themselves. Others...not so much.

This painting is available by clicking on the link below. 



1 comment:

Ann at Deep Magic Tangles said...

You know how much I love her. What part of Maine? I wish I had seen her. This likeness is astounding.