Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Raindrops: Blue Heron Painting by Mary Hughes






18" x 18" Oil on Canvas: Blue Heron Oil Painting



"Raindrops"



SOLD



Drops of rain hitting the lake as a mighty Blue Heron takes off in flight. Her mate watches from the dock.


Watching these large birds is amazing. They walk slowly through the shallow waters sneaking up on a large mouth bass and it's lunch time! They hunt and dine alone. I've seen them flying in groups at sunset to their marshy home for the night.




Contact me for purchase information or commission requests.


5 comments:

Ann at Deep Magic Tangles said...

Wow. I love this one. I can hear the rain. These birds are magnificent. You just keep getting better and better. Thank you for sharing. What a joy.

Theresa Paden said...

I also love this one! It is really stunning!

Ruth Welter said...

This is a stunning painting Mary, I particularly love this one. The boy below is fabulous as well. Happy painting.

Ruth

Priti said...

Beautiful work! love your paintings of birds and animals.

belle said...

outrageous ... wow this is cool.