Thursday, September 16, 2010

Trees on a Foggy Day Oil by Mary Hughes


8" x 8" Oil on Stretched Canvas
SOLD

To fog or not to fog that is the question. My original vision had this tree with the fog rolling in. This turned out to put the focus on fog rather than the tree and it got a thumbs down from my husband, so I reverted back to "the tree" and left some ground fog in the painting instead. What we see in nature doesn't always translate well into a painting, or at least one this size. Perhaps a larger painting with more trees that could take being a backdrop for fog, allowing others to be clear of it. I'll give that a try next time.

The painting is very soft.


This measures 8" x 8" x just under 1 1/2" thick. The edges are painted also.




1 comment:

Deborah Boyet said...

I love your work! This is really beautiful, from one nature, and animal lover to another! I really like your work! Would love to exchange emails, and talk sometime!
If you go to my website you will see why we are too peas in a pod. lol
Deborah Boyet from DPAIG and AIG