Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Colors of Winter (SkyWatch Friday)



My Skywatch offering this week has been a surprise to me. I've just found out the past couple days just how colorful winter can be around here. A little sun can do some stunning things in the winter. I couldn't pick just one, so here are my 5 favorite from the past 24 hours.




A monochromatic snowfall in the early evening.




A contrasting of the starkness of the snow and the tree against a pastel colored sky.




Clouds holding back the light from the right side of the sky.




I like this one because of the yellow clouds and the large shaft of light that is actually going up from a setting sun.




A pink and blue late afternoon moment. The pink is reflecting on the snow covered lake.


Be sure and check out the sky from the vantage point of others around the world by clicking on the emblem below! Happy SkyWatch Friday!!



For those of you looking for my latest art, I apologize but I've been working on holiday orders and those are a secret until after the holidays. I have lots of ideas in the works and will be working through the holiday season so keep watching.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all the photos, but particularly the ones with a hint of pink - perhaps because that suggests warmth and light.

Guy D said...

Beautiful winter sky shots, one can get some of the most unique colors and you accomplished that very well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky photos! I can't choose which one is best because all of them are nice!

Unknown said...

Some beautiful skies. I love the third one down.

Thanks for the peaceful music as well :) I love the sound of rain.

Gretchen said...

What a beautiful series of photos

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: That was a neat post as you went through the day.

Unknown said...

Stunning pictures and your paintings are gorgeous! What talent you have! I've enjoyed visiting your blog, from one Michigander to another,
Amy

Arija said...

A lovely set of winter sky shots, especially with the shaft of light.

Sandra Evertson said...

Beautiful and serene...Love the piece below, he looks as though I could reach out and pat his little head!
Sending Season's Greetings!
Sandra Evertson

Mary said...

That last one is my absolute favorite. Keep posting those pictures and you may find yourself with a new neighbor :)