Thursday, August 28, 2008

Apples In A Bowl


Just Finished: Green Apples In a Bowl:Sold


Catchy title I know.... I'm whistling "Strangers In The Night" as I sit here wondering what to call this painting and that doesn't help a bit. I'll come up with something better. I hope.


Funny thing. I had this drying in a sunny window yesterday and the light was hitting it so that there was a distinct highlight that I had not painted in. I had to cast a shadow to be sure. I liked it so much I took a picture and then painted in the additional highlight today.


4 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Gorgeous, Mary! A beautiful still life!

SavageBabble said...

Mary, I have to tell you. I have always really liked your birds, but I am totally awed by your fruits and desserts. They are so good and beautiful, I really love them. They make me feel good.

Mary said...

Thank you! Your comment means a lot ms. savagebabble. :) Thank you too teach.

Alvin Richard said...

Beautiful and amazing arrangement of greens!